Monday, November 4, 2013

Gerald McCoy

Greg Schiano (Tampa Bay's coach)
A couple weeks ago, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy helped a player up from the Carolina Panthers. His coaching staff did not like that he did this. McCoy said the coaching staff made comments to him about helping the other player out. McCoy responded by saying “Listen, if I want to help somebody, I’m going help somebody up. Because right on the next play I’m going to knock him down again. It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter. That doesn’t change how hard I play. As long as in between the whistles I’m not helping anybody up, it doesn’t matter. So what if I help them off the ground?” I agree with McCoy here. All you are doing is helping the other person off the ground, he is showing sportsmanship and what is wrong with that. I do not see what is wrong about helping another person off the ground. Colts QB Andrew Luck pats the opposing players on the back when they tackle him and you do not see his coaches yell at him for doing that. McCoy's coach is just frustrated because his team did not win yet and is probably going to get fired at the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Sportsmanship is a huge part of sports, and it's really disheartening to see coaches at this level of play being against it. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete